2013-09-17 Ubuntu Server Team Meeting

Agenda

Meeting Actions

  • smoser look at / assign bug 1206872 and bug 1156932

 

Meeting information

 

Meeting summary

 

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

The discussion about “Review ACTION points from previous meeting” started at 16:04.

  • everyone spend extra time triaging bugs this week
    • This has now brought to everyone’s attention.

 

Saucy Development

The discussion about “Saucy Development” started at 16:05.

  • Ubuntu bug 1221906 in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon) “Havana-3 Dependency missing: python-troveclient” [Undecided,In progress]
    • Fixed; Adam will update the bug.
  • Ubuntu bug 1208455 in linux (Ubuntu Saucy) “general protection fault running apt-get inside double nested kvm VM” [High,In progress]
    • Assigned to smb in his absence.
  • Ubuntu bug 1213915 in ceph (Ubuntu Saucy) “Please demote ceph-mds and ceph-fs-common to universe” [High,New]
    • smoser will look/assign someone.
  • Ubuntu bug 1206872 in samba (Ubuntu Saucy) “samba fails to unpack (behavior change in patch) and ftbfs on aarch64″ [High,Incomplete]
    • doko suggests waiting until the buildds pick it up.
  • Ubuntu bug 1156932 in python-novaclient (Ubuntu Saucy) “User can’t modify security-group-rule via nova-api if there are duplicated security group name” [High,Confirmed]
    • smoser will look/assign someone.
  • Ubuntu bug 1156932 in python-novaclient (Ubuntu Saucy) “User can’t modify security-group-rule via nova-api if there are duplicated security group name” [High,Confirmed]
    • zul reports that this is still pending.
  • Ubuntu bug 1031680 in nagios-plugins (Ubuntu Raring) “check_apt always report 0 critical updates” [High,Triaged]
    • rbasak reports that this is still pending. He has been treating it as low priority for Saucy – it’s non-trivial. Though it affects Ubuntu only, upstream don’t have a fix either.
    • Dropped Saucy target, as we don’t think it’s realistic/high end priority. This still needs fixing.
  • doko raised bug 1162139 in mysql-5.5 (Ubuntu Saucy) “mysql-5.5 still built using GCC-4.4, should be built with the default GCC” [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1162139
    • rbasak had thought Debian “pending” tag meant a fix would be uploaded soon, but it has been delayed. He assigned this bug to himself.
  • ACTION: smoser look at / assign bug 1206872 and bug 1156932

 

Blueprints – http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-s/group/topic-s-servercloud-overview.html

The discussion about “Blueprints – http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-s/group/topic-s-servercloud-overview.html” started at 16:20.

  • smoser reminded everyone to keep their blueprints up-to-date.

 

Ubuntu Server Team Events

The discussion about “Ubuntu Server Team Events” started at 16:21.

  • Nothing to announce.

 

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)

The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)” started at 16:22.

  • psivaa reported that bug 1207675 in Ubuntu Test Cases “test_lxc_api test fails during container creation ” [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1207675 is impacting lxc smoke tests, and that hallyn had an MP to possibly fix but isn’t sure of the status. hallyn was absent so this was deferred.

 

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)” started at 16:23.

  • smb was absent.

 

Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)

The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)” started at 16:24.

  • rbasak reported that he’s currently waiting on an FFe for bug 1194632 in cpu-checker (Ubuntu) “[FFe] kvm-ok Support for ARM Architecture is Missing” [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1194632 and had nothing else to report.

 

Open Discussion

The discussion about “Open Discussion” started at 16:25.

 

Announce next meeting date, time and chair

The discussion about “Announce next meeting date, time and chair” started at 16:26.

 

Action items

  • smoser look at / assign bug 1206872 and bug 1156932

 

Action items, by person

  • smoser
    • smoser look at / assign bug 1206872 and bug 1156932

 

People present (lines said)

  • rbasak (53)
  • ubottu (17)
  • doko (8)
  • smoser (7)
  • psivaa (6)
  • meetingology (4)
  • adam_g (2)
  • zul (2)
  • roaksoax (1)

Leave a Reply